Last updated on January 31st, 2020 at 10:21 pm
Miller Electric needs no introduction; it is a Wisconsin-based arc welding and cutting equipment manufacturing company. They specialize in producing highly advanced and state-of-the-art cutting and welding equipment. Miller’s products are aimed at meeting the customer’s needs and making life easier for them. This Miller Electric Millermatic 211 review will show that this case is no different; it is often called an all-in-one MIG welder. It delivers excellent performance and can fit any welding job.
Considering its performance, Millermatic 211 is truly a great starter machine. It can be used by both professionals and home hobby welders. However, it may require a bit more expertise than average. That said, whether you want to carry out daily welding activities or intricate metal artworks, the Millermatic 211 MIG welder will give you best-in-class arc quality. It is also suitable for any kind of industrial work ranging from light to heavy-duty purposes. Let’s dig deeper to explore this popular tool.
- Multi-process can do MIG and flux-core welding. Perfectly suited for hobby welding, metal artworks, and auto body repair shops.
- Capable of welding aluminum, steel, and stainless-steel from 24 gauge and up to 3/8 inch in a single pass.
- It offers 150A at 40% duty cycle on 240V and 115A at 20% duty cycle on 120V.
- The Millermatic 211 features an auto-set mode, which makes setting up the machine super easy. It works with five different wire types and gas combinations. You only choose the wire and gas combination, select the wire diameter, and auto-set will handle the rest. It will set the wire feed speed and voltage automatically and give you the convenience of pre-set parameters.
- You can further customize your welder’s settings by using the manual mode. It has an easy-to-use chart on the inside of the access door to help you choose the proper wire feed speed and voltage settings.
- This particular model comes with an angled all aluminum wire drive, which improves the feedability of the materials to the welder. Coupled with the drive roll system, which offers three different groove sizes for a quicker setup.
- Further, it has auto spool gun detection, which eliminates the need for a manual switch as it automatically detects when a spool gun is connected.
- Additionally, the incorporated inverter technology allows for better arc characteristics and more arc length variations. Delivering high-quality welds with less spatter.
- Not to mention, it reduces the weight by almost 50%; thus, it weighs only 38 pounds.
- Other features include the thermal overload protection, fan-on-demand, smooth start, pre-flow and post-flow settings. Users will appreciate its quick and easy start with no spatter leading to a simplifies welding process.
- Also backed by 3 years of Miller’s true blue warranty.
Input: 120//240V, 1Ph, 50/60Hz
Current Type: DC
Rated Output (240V): 150A @ 40% Duty Cycle
Rated Output (120V): 115A @ 20% Duty Cycle
Amperage Range: 30A – 230A
Wire Feed Speed: 60 – 600 IPM
Welding Thickness (Aluminum): 18 gauge – 3/8 inch
Welding Thickness (Mild Steel): 24 gauge – 3/8 inch
Weight: 38 pounds
Dimension: 23.8 x 15.2 x 16.2 inches
- The Millermatic 211 MIG welder has a short ground cable. For most welding applications, a longer ground cable is better.
- It has a wire feed speed that ranges from 60 IPM to 600 IPM. The fast feed speed makes it hard for beginners to get the hang of it. However, it’s an excellent equipment in the hands of professional and expert welders.
- Miller Electric welding machines make use of open circuit boards. So, it is easy for the circuit board to burn up, especially if accumulated by dust.
- Also, some problems with quality control during manufacturing. Some customers reported that the grooves in the drive wheel are not properly aligned with the input spindle. It is advisable to verify that your equipment does not have any defects upon arrival.
What’s Inside the Box
You will get a lot of welding accessories on purchase. These include hook-and-loop cord wraps, 10ft work cable and clamp. Argon and AR/CO2 mix regulator/ flow gauge with hose. A 10ft MDX-100 MIG gun. In addition to the 6.5ft power cord and dual-voltage adapter. Plus, two contact tips, and more.
Miller Electric Millermatic 211 Review – Conclusion
Miller is one of the largest arc welding equipment manufacturing companies in the world. And the Millermatic 211 MIG welder is definitely a good choice for every serious welder. It is a product of state-of-the-art technologies that Miller is known for. Offering a smooth start, a stable arc, and welds that are free of spatter. Equipped by the fan-on-demand system, which controls the fan to work on optimum speeds during different welding tasks and environments. Thus, less heat, less noise, and better overall performance. In addition, the Millermatic also comes with several accessories to help you dive into the welding process straight away. In the Millermatic 211 MIG review, we discussed what we know about this popular model. We hope we could deliver easy to digest useful information for our readers.
PERFORMANCE - 8.5/10
USER-FRIENDLY - 7.6/10
DURABILITY - 8.2/10
GOOD-VALUE - 7.8/10
WARRANTY - 8/10